Thank you to all those who attended our March meeting on Tuesday evening, giving our guest speaker, Amy Mallett, from London Borough of Merton an engaged and appreciative audience. There were 50+in attendance and we hope that you found the meeting useful.
Below are some notes and links from the meeting
Amy Mallett – Merton Borough Climate Engagement Officer – gave us her contact email (email@example.com) and the following:
- Climate Delivery Plan Year Three (Summary Report for 2023) – the progress report Merton Climate Delivery Yr3 03.03.23.pdf & the Accessible Screen Reader Version of the Climate Delivery Plan Summary Year 3
- The draft local plan webpages Whole Local Plan – New Local Plan | Merton Council
- Sustainable Infrastructure in Merton (arcgis.com) – which shows where everything is across the borough from EV charging points to solar panels to cycle hangars
- The Climate Action Group pages, in case anyone is interested in joining as a resident Climate change : Climate Action Group | Merton Council
Crime Report Update
PCSO Maria Dartnell gave us crime statistics for Merton Park – Merton Park | Police.uk (www.police.uk)
Ed Foley –
- referred to the Merton Council Budget – details of the meeting approving the Budget – Agenda for Council on Wednesday 1 March 2023, 7.15 pm – Merton Council
- referred to meetings being available live on YouTube – Merton Council – YouTube
Stephen Mercer mentioned –
- rough sleeping in the borough and the arrangements to tackle it – Rough sleeping | Merton Council
- the Borough-wide consultation on toilet provision – see below
Toilets Survey – Help Please!
Stephen Mercer and Peter Southgate are working to improve the provision of toilets available to the public in Merton. An important part of their information gathering is a survey across Merton of residents’ attitude towards the existing provision and their hopes and expectations for the future. Please join in the consultation exercise and make your feelings known. The survey is open until 17th April 2023 and can be accessed by following this link –
Coronation Street Parties
Last year many of our streets made the most of the opportunity to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and held parties. For anyone planning to do something similar for King Charles’ Coronation, please remember that the deadline for applications is 31st March 2023.
Follow this link for details:
Our next Meeting is Tues 4th April at 8pm
Not yet signed up to our email alerts? Do it here.